Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What a Flirt!

I need to make a confession, I partake in flirting for the purposes of free caffeine. Look there is a recession, a trip to NYC and life essentials like my Crackberry to pay for, why pay for my double tall vanilla soy latte if I don't have to? See the issue is when you flirt for coffee it's kind of shameless and vulnerable, I mean do you think straight before you have your coffee? All that being said, when I stopped into my local store, I came face to face with my biggest flirting companion, and a date. Yep I got asked on a coffee date (the way to this caffeinated girl's heart), and I walked out of the store wondering if I managed to get myself in too deep. What happens if it doesn't work out, do I get my free coffee from one of the other boys or do I have to as I did before, leave the store for a period of time until they all move on to other locations. and then the cycle begins again?

Ack! A real date, apparently someone just threw me onto that elusive horse I was happy just flirting with. If this is where flirting gets you, I'm not so sure... right? Who really wants a date? Me? Even if it's just so I can justify purchasing this t-shirt

5 comments:

  1. I guess? I'm not sure, he's a nice guy, we actually went to the same high school, he graduated in 99? His sister is a year younger than me, the boy has tats, I'm just not sure there's that spark, I mean it's one thing to flirt shamelessly but sometimes all that means is you feel comfortable with the person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know what happens, I was going to gather my nerve and pop in there tonight and see if he's there... since it's the only night I have free this week. I was really hoping to find him on Facebook so I don't have to have my personal like play out in front of the other staff there but alas nope he's not on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa-wa-wait......you said you couldn't remember his sister's name, but you prefaced your email with it.

    he was much older than her and had long moved out when i was friends with her.....he seemed nice enough, and the only thing i can really offer up is that i believe he likes U2. their father was a little kooky, but sweet, and died mysteriously overseas while teaching english after getting laid off from the airline that he and my dad both worked for. it was very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K no, I remember her name, I can't remember his. I know he's older - graduated 99 or 98...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.