Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Think I'll be Living in the Gym for the Next 17 days

So time for some honesty - I did have to count those days for this blog, but now that I have eek, I should not, will not, cannot sweat this pseudo platonic meeting (it's a non-date that at this point might as well be one, I mean really folks). So that being said, I think I will be doing some serious sweating though... see here's the issue. OM hasn't really seen me face to face or more accurately body to body, though that sounds rather risque, in a year. Yep, maybe the slow burning crushes are better, there's a whole lot more fuel to, well let's leave that train of thought. Anyways, I have to admit, I'm not the same size I was last year. Well maybe I should clarify I am the same size, I'm just a little soft in spots. I personally don't really care, because I know why I'm soft. Quite simply I filled the big open sore in my life with ice cream and Burger King hamburgers (the baby ones) until it started to close up on it's own. Yes there was cheese, dairy and alcohol thrown in there too for sure. But looking back I have to say in the end from everything I went through I managed to ditch the more than 10 pounds of emotional and psychological baggage in my life and traded it for 10 pounds. I think I got the better end of the deal... sure I could have hoped to not have gained it in the first place, but you know what, in the gaining I also gained something else, the ability to say I like me. Sure I like me when I'm firmer, we all like ourselves with more muscle and less muffin, but hey, it is what it is. So that being said, I'm conscious like J and every other single gal out there that our male cohorts want something that looks and acts in private like Jenna Jamieson and yet is packaged like Michelle Obama - intelligent, clean and classy. I think it's a load of whatever, and yet, and yet I can't help but when I look at myself in the mirror now hear Leaha's words about my reduced JLo and see that well that things ain't what they used to be...

So back to the original train of thought, do I think OM is going to notice what is now about 5 more to go, nope I doubt it, and since there was never any poking going on before, tone isn't going to be noticed, but just like we all need a pair of sexy shoes, sometimes even more we need to feel hot, whether that's a size 14, 2 or a Banana Republic 6/8 (call it whatever size you want)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.