Sunday, April 19, 2009

Soooo Tequila and I had a fling

And it went horrible and it involved heartburn and mumbling to my roommate about the horrors of the beverage and to remind me to stay true to my love of potato water.  But really you don't care about that do you?  You care about the adventures of last night.  Well first of all - I did buy new jeans - yes I gave in.  Second I came with food in hand - seriously - why not?  And third, I made sure that I had my A game flirt on with everyone but OM after I had successfully hooked him or so I thought.  The run down of the evening - I arrived shortly after the start, received a hug (slightly awkward but nice) and then proceed to get my chat on with everyone I could - thanks to my lust for the evening, tequila, all went relatively okay until the end.  In the end I received a lingering hug and then well that was it - um awkward - as well is expected - let's be honest here folks - we've declared our hands and picked them back up again. We know each other's cards, they aren't going to change between now and whenever in a general sense (yes they could...) and now we hold them and smile at each other and try and proceed like we don't know what the other is thinking, planning or even bluffing around.  Or so you'd think right?  Wrong.  After my lingering hug, another of the departing females got the same hug, intention could be different, but, but, but - what the hell - OM trumped all the flirting I had done in one single action, one single remember who holds the higher cards here action.  I left feeling okay - thanks tequila, and awoke this morning feeling defeated.

Sure I will say that I met and subsequently FB'd lots of wonderful people, and had a wonderful time, however, in the end I don't know how I feel about the wait and the chase.  You can talk backbone and all that, but when you have to sit and wait and wonder if that email is going to come, or if he is going to call or text or something, that's when those doubts start to natter and it all just goes grey, and not Grey Goose kind of grey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.