Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So I was thinking...

I know that thinking is bad for my health, but see I commute one hour into the boonies, slums, or whatever you want to call it almost every day - that's two whole hours to either sleep or plan blogs. Well this one is spurned on by the simple fact that my barista was in this morning, yes that barista. I realize I am over using the word awkward, but well when you have a line up forming behind you and you're doing the shy flirt dance, you know the one you do when you're like 13 and the whole process is painfully new. We'll it is what it is, I get my coffee the way I like it and get called sweetie in the process... awww... But is awww, shucks where we are at these days ladies?

I passed a birthday milestone a while back, and it did something to me and I realized something - there is now the internal competition between looking for man who will do right, and a man who will do it to me right... take a second think about that one. Yes I said it because I know you think it. We want good fathers and husbands but we are also looking for something more, a little flame, not a sizzle, or a flash in the pan - the kind of something that I know some couples have, and I am jealous of - that excitement all the years later. I can see that Barista boy is the good man type, and maybe OM is too - though I think he's slightly more the later... I don't know - I think we put so much hype in certain circles about one in preference over the other, that all we do is, a lot of wink, wink nudge nudge, but we can't seem to say, well that I want something more when it's all said and I do'd. Before all that can someone just get me out on a dance floor and take my breath away - it would help reduce my brain activity for one thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.