Tuesday, April 07, 2009

ADD, Procrastination and Boxes of Financial Records to Go

Being the pseudo boss has no perks, none at all and well I have yet to kick my procrastination habit, eek. So what then - this:

Dear OM,

You seem like a nice guy, but the more I think about it, as over analyzing is what I do best, actually second best to my procrastination skillz (I feel like saying it C - grammar check me later). Well you know what? I would like to go on a date date with you like a REAL date not a breakfast waffle date, the kind where I panic for a week and I can't find something to wear and buy something only to not wear it, where I can't seem to put my eye liner on straight, I have to have J talk me off the ceiling and nothing stays in my GI tract for more than a nano-second. I want to see you just as nervous as me as we stumble over our conversation for the first 30 minutes until my martini kicks in and you crack some kind of lame ass but endearing joke. We have a good meal and then do something fun like go for a walk and talk - I know I'm a cheap date - or see a movie (non rom-com)- you might be interested in finding something that causes me to panic and grab your arm/game where I am more concerned about Louie/go do something lame and messy - like paint pottery. We end the night with anything but a lame handshake or one of those teenage boy kind of hugs, you know the kind where they are going for the most amount of space in between. I'm not asking you to pucker up or anything like that - to be honest, it's too much stress and hype. Your only three goals should be these: be yourself (honest), engage in conversation and make sure I don't utter these words or think them - I can't believe I shaved my legs for this/bought something for you or even cared what you thought... if you enter this territory you've blown it, shot it all to hell and that's it - unless I really LOVE the shoes I'm wearing and you notice them, then maybe... anyways let me know what you think? You up for it?

Thanks, J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.