Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back in the Game

I started my first in class lecture class in longer than I can remember - actually it was probably about 2007 - three years from the classroom, it was hard to be there again.  To remember what it used to be like and what it's like now being closer to my post-doc prof's age than the majority of the class.  In the end I think I could have hugged everyone - it was awesome - it like getting a super powered acupuncture treatment combined with a runner's high - my brain lives again.

So now is the hard part - one I have class readings to add to everything else - but that isn't a huge issue in and of itself, but I still have the GRE and GRE Lit exam, AND I have the papers for this class.

The current course expectations are minor but I have to make a proposal to my prof for him to mark a paper double the length of the term paper's proposed length so I can get a paper to submit to grad school... eeek.  Back to the reading.

And yes Fort Minor is on right now...

And if you are looking for me you'll find my comments at www.thefeministafiles.blogspot.com

PS. I found someone bombastic - yes Mr. "I call genre an evaluative paradigm" - I am coming for you - you best beware.  Dude that's just a fancy term for a category, really?! You had to come out the gate with that.

PPS. I have 10 journal articles to read on the train - weeeeeee!!

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stmartain/342495493/

2 comments:

  1. Make that teacher work for his pension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think they get a pension up here, let alone much stability. In the end he's actually quite lovely - seems totally into his work, but some of my male classmates seem to be over compensating... as noted Mr. Bombastic with a more developed vocabulary than I could ever hope for the GRE to bestow on me - that though in many ways I am not jealous of

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.