Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthday Wish

I have finally decided what I want for my birthday this year - NO MORE TESTS!

I would like to take this opportunity to run down all the tests/appointments I've had in the last 12 months, which we could actually just say the last 6 months... this list is also my grand thank you to accessible health care because I can just imagine the kind of debt I would have if I had to consider paying for all of these:

September
General Practitioner visit (GP)
Sinus X-ray
Ear Nose Throat (ENT) visit - nose scope

October
Head/Neck MRI

November
General Practitioner visit

January
General Practitioner visit x 2

March/February
General Practitioner visit

March
Allergist - skin testing
General Blood work
Allergy Blood work
Tested also for STI's, Autoimmune, Parasites, Organ failure - via blood and stool (I know you wanted to know that)

April
Acupuncture

May
Acupuncture
Allergist (no answers)
Chest x-ray
General Practitioner - Physical (oh fun times)
More blood work!!

June
Abdominal and Pelvic ultrasound

I have to say there better not be anymore - I refuse, well I refuse to see anyone but my very nice and possibly handsome sports med doc (he's married) so I go just to talk to him - he's just super nice... not the point though - I want good health and no more tests.

As an aside there is much talk that everything is just stress related, and yes while I have gone through at lot of stress in the last few years a part of me wants to say that this just is damn well not fair and I know life isn't fair, but here's the deal.  I left a toxic (read:abusive) relationship with my ex-fiance and my mother and received and still receive therapy for other and related abuses, I've head my shit together for the most part, sure balls were dropped etc, but why when this was in the end the right thing to do is my body crapping out on me.  HELLO, you think you would be happy, aware that this is all good and a bazillion times better than being married to CEF and likely knocked up and around a few times...  Anyways Wednesday morning rant for y'all

4 comments:

  1. Why not just say it...you need a vacation! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need a vacation - but the kind I really need is cost-free and that isn't going to happen until I find me a cute doctor or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful what you wish for...you just might get it =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, if I might get what I wish for, I guess this is the time I should start wishing for other things:

    Grad school in NYC
    Large inheritance from someone I don't know well - so there would be no grieving - I would rather my peeps than their money
    BMQ time before I turn 80
    A pair of Louboutin's

    You know the list could go on and on and on, but I still stick with my very first wish, no more medical tests.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.