Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Please Explain to Me...

I love my red lipstick.  However, it has taken me years and years to accept my Jolie-esque lips and even more so to put red lipstick on them.  Normally no one looks at me, today though, today it seemed that everyone I made eye contact with had a slack-jaw/repugnant expression. Females were the primary source of this expression.  I have no answer as to why, but I do believe we, females, love to undermine whoever we can.  It doesn't help I'm having a blah, gah, grrr, mumble mumble week.  But I wonder why we are getting worse as I get older. I would love to blame "the man" "the industry" whoever, but in the end it is our decision to instead of smiling or being nice, being catty.  It was really hard.  I will say if I could have I would have removed my lipstick right there on the T.... Anyways, it's the same feeling I have when men slow down when they drive past me when I run in my running skirt...  Oddly enough, I can deal with that.  I can yell, finger, or ignore under the belief that between the knowing no better and their primary brain being located considerably south of their eyes.  But having my fellow women who know the frustration and pain of feeling daily undermined by everything around them, it's harsh.

So ladies, let's ditch the bitch, please and thanks.

Photo:http://www.flickr.com/photos/11743199@N03/1805007761/

2 comments:

  1. What can I say? Women are just plain mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are preaching to the choir on that one. Hell I know I have mean tendencies but I would sure love to hope that I don't look at people like that or for goodness sake point. To the two tarts on the T, thanks for that alliterative sentence and note, so not cool - use your words not your hands next time, it's more discreet.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.