Saturday, May 08, 2010

It all started with a quote from a previous post...

I have been mulling over a line I had used in a previous post, and I have the general construction of a novel sitting in my head - I just have to get it out there - so while I was on the T on Friday trying to nap, this came to my mind - I scribbled the rough idea - so here it is - the only problem is now I just want to write, write, write - that darn Fort Minor song. 

"Strip the wallpaper of my life. Take every layer that's been plastered on there haphazardly or intentionally, every layer a result of an event, a word, a perception.  When I reach the drywall, I want to remove that to, why not take it to the studs.  Take me down to the bone.  Restructure, recover, reseal, make the foundation something other than it is now, make walls where there should have been walls and remove those walls where necessity constructed them.  I want new drywall, new tape, new mud and then I want paint.  I want to paint my world, my life, my future and my past into something it was never and could possibly never be.  I want to paint in colors deep and dramatic, soft and peaceful and make a fantasy world that should have been my reality.  A reality that cannot be because my reality is a fairytale gone awry. 


I cannot strip anything from myself, except maybe my clothes, even that act can add a few more layers and some more walls.  In time you will be in there redecorating to hide the things you cannot forget.  Well I guess I could forget them but the FDA has yet to come out with the liver safe memory cleaning alternative with no calories and free of the risk that there will be even more in the end that you are hoping to forget. 


Fairytales... "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.