Monday, May 10, 2010

I've been thinking

and not drinking so I figure I'm of soundish mind... TOITB has got me thinking about what I'm looking for in a partner.

I need balance.  I'm feminine - yes some of these points are going to be visible even to a blind man, so I need someone who appreciates that and gets that I also tend to use NLLL, love hockey fights - basically I need someone to cherish the wacky Gemini in me - the ying and the yang.

I need someone who understands that at my heart I am painfully shy and insecure and I break easy.  I will kick your ass and make sure you never forget, but I am like fine china in that you break it, it's broken.

I would like to stay at home for the most part with my children, I want to be present for them, and I would like my partner to be too... I want to write.  I need someone to understand that the corporate rat race doesn't work for me.

I need someone who understands my faith is important - and my cultural heritage is important too - that means I would prefer to have a pacifist centered home.

In the end despite the list, I have made peace with having all of the above but having a cat and not a man next to me in bed... at least when it gets moody I can kick him out of the house for the day and not be shamed by my neighbors or children.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I don't think guys mind the NLLL so much. To quote the reverend John Mayer, "She says the bible is all that she reads - and prefers that I not use profanity - your mouth was, so dirty."

    I wish you the best of luck in finding this beau of yours and that he'd best take care in handling precious cargo e.g. you and your porcelain heart...for we are, as Sister Ingrid Michaelson puts it succinctly, "so fragile, And our cracking bones make noise, And we are just,Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys."

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.