Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Little Honesty Time

I am a believer that if you put your fears out in the open that their power over you diminishes.

So folks here it goes:

I am scared shitless about the GRE/GRE Lit exam and graduate school and all that business.  Why?  Well a few years ago I wrote the MCAT which if we are being really honest I did not study well for - though for anyone who's taken it in it's original form I wonder if you could really ever study enough - needless to say I could have and should have studied harder. C'est la vie, and so is this.  I have been studying and reading and reading some more and working on this Shakespeare class - and as much as it all makes me tick and yadda yadda - as much as I can say it's not the MCAT saga, it's scary.  It's beyond scary.

Yep so there is the fear I have been laying out in an attempt to deflate it...

In moments like this I listen to this lovely song - this lady's word has carried me through many moments - this happens to be one of them

3 comments:

  1. Just do as many questions as you can. Then understand why you got some questions wrong. That's the one consistent advice that's permeated through in all of the standardized tests I've ever took. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - right now the paper has shoved all the GRE books back to their places on the shelf - once the paper is underway then I will be able to focus on the GRE in part again. The issue is that I need to have a few weeks to really work on the paper after it's on literally on paper... once that's underway I won't be so nervous.

    PS About the more recent blog - the bank of PU (Dad) might be able to "loan" me a chunk to pay down the credit card and I handed over my "travel" visa to him - I officially own no more credit cards - slightly odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owned a credit card once. I let it expire cuz I never really used it. I love debit cards tho. I'm more along the line of thinking that I'd rather pay it now and forget it, hence debit or cash. We need more cash nowadays. Med school's another beast tho. I can't afford to pay off med school, yet =(.
    That's real nice of your PU to lend a hand. Get him something nice for Father's day. Don't use another credit card ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.