Sunday, January 24, 2010

CEF and the Challenges of Dating (Using Bullet Points)

In reference to a comment on a previous blog I have decided to parade out on of the skeletons in my closet, that oddly affects my ability to date.

We all have skeletons - this one happens to be a 6ft plus skeleton of CEF... Now I will say that my main reason never to talk about him is well it's a small world and the last thing I need is in this small world to have him find me under a new open frequency - the rest have been closed to the best of my ability - so I will say if for some bizarre reason the story resonates - you think you know him - please keep it our little secret - it avoid me filing that restraining order I'd been meaning to do and shutting down this blog like the last one and other events that would follow.

Okay on to more happy talk, or something like that - actually you may like I am going to, go get a mug of Baileys with coffee added or something appropriate to make this go down a little cheery.

I don't limit my sharing to the blog, no I am one with little self censorship - with the life I've had to this point and more importantly the jobs I have had - it's meh seen it all, what's the point in candy coating it. That however does not work for the whole get to know you process. I have found that dates don't mind some aspects, however the flashing sign a mile high saying RUN, is the fact that I was once engaged.

I have taken that fear to mean:

1. I was/could be now ready for big commitment which I guess could be intimidating for some, though if you're not and 29-35 I guess it's a good thing I know that now and not say 6 months from now when you pull out some closet Peter Pan like shit.

2. I was either dumped therefore permanently scared or possibly a little off (which I am anyways - we all are, just saying) and or I did the dumping and thus can be a cruel heartless bitch.

I can. I was. And note I will be if the need presents itself again. I dumped my abusive, controlling, seriously missing a few marbles fiance on his manipulating sloth like ass. It was brutal. My people pleasing self felt like a bitch greater than Janice Dickinson, and sure it crushed me. BUT I will never apologize for it - because if someone is expecting me to apologize then well they would be implying:

1. I had the foresight to see that once I got engaged that CEF wouldn't become the controlling nutbar he became

2. I should have gone along with it - got married, moved half way across the Northern Hemisphere to become his mother/shrink/pet/victim and ultimately party to the lie he built for the world to see.

So that was long and a little interesting and maybe or most likely made you feel like Googling pictures of puppies. I know that the dating world is cruel and vulnerability is a harsh thing - but the point to all this sharing is - in bullet points again.

1. I will say that it gets better - that's why I blog - though it's not a witness to the getting the better part, oddly the opposite.

2.For me and everyone else dating, remember that it's a messy process but do you do to remain vulnerable, laugh and keep your head up - we're all in this together. That means none of you get to find someone before I do....

My solutions: I bitch, laugh, run and became the girl with a bottle of vodka in her freezer at ALL times, because we know that it is always my friend - gin and tequila are not.

January 24, 2010 8:52 AM

4 comments:

  1. Well put. I especially liked the vodka part. It takes guts to lay your skeletons out here. I can't say I can even compare to what you must've been through, but we all know the pressure of time and the pain that comes with disappointment and for that I can commiserate with you a good while.

    Happy hunting and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my skeletons don't live in the closet for the most part and that's just the way I like it - it will happen when it happens. You know in the end of it all - like every moment in our lives it directs us - what we do with it - that's what matters - and for me it gave me an opportunity to take my life apart and put it back together. A drink is what we need - mine will be cough syrup though tonight.

    Thanks for the good luck, you too - though right now I'm taking a little break - which yes dries up the material but well if I give into my Starbucks habit - I can run into barista boy and then we'd have a blog... maybe I'll be doing that in the near future - I think we all need a laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold words, mademoiselle. You certainly know how to keep things jumpin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or not apparently my attempt to put his over eager self on ice, resulted in some freezer burn and now I don't even get a free drink when I go in now...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.