Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ask Me

I dare you.

What pray tell?

Out. Like a date, a date date.
No?
Why not?
Shy?
Oh?(Well being shy can be cute, sweet, honest, sincere - it is also a red flag) so let me do it.

As we know from history OM went up in a closet case colored cloud of calamity - alliteration aside, the fatal error or truth telling moment of our interaction was that I was the one who came up with the witty email and tried to charm him in a way far beyond a certain blue dress or eyelash batting (does anyone do that these days?). Personally for me a man who can't initiate is destined to be skinned alive not only on this blog but also by me. Maybe I am jaded, just too many man children running around - you have to test them with a little flame or hook to see what they're made of, or maybe it's like X says. Relationships are a dance, an equal give and take partnership, if it's lopsided you fall and someone get's smooshed/crushed in the process. In the end your weakness will find their way to the bottom side of my soft gray BCBG stiletto pumps if you can't man up.

Now now let's let my softer side speak for a moment. The issue is quite simply two things - if I'm not worth a little discomfort now in your life then you aren't really interested (my opinion) and because I'm a strong personality - if I know you're intimidated by me, I'm like a shark I can smell fear, and then well you're done for.

So what then, well be friendly, sincere and avoid eyeing me up or at least do it discreetly initially, get to know me and then use the email I've linked or just ask me for coffee - one can never be too caffeinated - and when I'm caffeinated - I'm a happy person who yaps endlessly - you'd only have to show up for the date - really quite simple.

Consider it.

Flowers work too.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds easy enough.
    I feel sheepish now about posting that comment on Ms. J's post about initiating a date.

    Maybe OM is the type of guy who likes things to be spelled out for him...or he's just absolutely clueless.

    Either way...if he ain't gonna pull the trigger, you might as well do it yourself and find out if OM is worth the trouble.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we found that out a while ago - he had it spelled out and then decided it all was a little too much. Don't worry about my opinion - sure it's easy in theory, I know in practice it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, It's ok. The theory is sound. Maybe I'm just overthinking it too much.

    Dating shouldn't be this hard.

    I've seen many people out there who, from an evolutionary biologist's standpoint, should not, under any circumstances, be allowed to procreate, much less date. And yet, these same people (all by the way are shoe-ins for the Darwin Award) get more play than I do! WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes well I would say that for me and specifically for me - maybe because I am a Gemini and know that well I'm complicated. That I feel more like I am known and understood right from the begining if the person gets to know me as a friend. AB did that and it was great except of course where it ended - but whatever. Maybe that is your style maybe it isn't - in the long run though I know it unfortunately is a numbers game - and like the lottery - so win on their first time out and some play for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that's why you thought Gemini's were interesting ;).
    Yea, I feel you on your whole AB story.
    To be on the same wavelength with another person from the get go and dispense with the dating rituals...life would be so much nicer, and the coffee, a lot better.
    It just sucks to open up to a person one day only to have them drop you like a bad habit the next day.
    As you can gather by now, I have issues with vulnerability.

    This sounds like 2 soldiers trading war stories. Thanks for sharing btw.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.