Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dude

Okay so I normally reserve the title's language for my after work texts to Ms J where I lament about life and all that, but the lamenting has to start now.

Now most days, like 86% percent of the year I am fine with being single, dating and whatever - but right at this exact moment I'm oddly not. See here's the problem - Facebook has been inundated with fresh onslaught of baby photos, many new babies and some from very proud (rightfully so) mommies and all the gushing of ooo's and ahhh's that ensue. On top of said wonderfulness is an equally large run on marriages and engagements from wee ones mostly - kids I've mentored in the past, and hell they are still kids to me. I don't care that they may be 19-20, they don't get the right to get married until I do, and well I don't want to right at this hot moment.

It all comes tied in with the realization - oddly enough again - that I miss being kissed, which yes is tied into I still miss AB and you can hit me for that, I don't care. But really every time I see an ad or a show with kissing I find myself flinging myself at my TV in horror. While it's a good abdominal work out, it's not good for much else. So there you have it, the world is actually functioning probably right on schedule, I however want nothing to do with it.

But I agree this is really cute:

4 comments:

  1. That just means you're not jaded yet, which is a good thing. Keep fighting the good fight. You got people rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one that has noticed this! Kids I used to babysit are getting engaged and having babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody I used to babysit is engaged to a guy I went to highschool with! That's just not playing fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not playing fair! But it is understandable... the only ones left in my graduating classes either have things for tall leggy blondes or are not date-worthy... Meh, I will always have the TA's and Prof's to flirt with, though well I might be too old for that these days

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.