Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Last Weekend...

So we are going to back track a moment or two... since well I have the luxury of Ms. J's older laptop for the day so that I don't go insane stuck at home with a grand total of like 8 channels, when you subtract the French and Chinese language channels, and well you should throw out the government sponsored ones as well - they are never much fun... anyways.

I still can't really breathe and my body doesn't want to let me sleep, go figure. So I get to blog.

Now, I am going to divulge some information, so that if you were a really good stalker you can find me weekly... note if you do find me one of these times, make sure I've completed all my coffee first - it ensures I'll be nice to you and even if I'm not that the coffee won't end up on you...

I have a weekly date with my father at the local high end/organic grocery store/chain - we have coffee, I talk about my life and we swap recipes etc - it's an odd relationship no doubt. It was already odd enough, this week I added whispered yelling as my voice trying to hold in there and he added so how are you and AB? Oh bless your soul dear parental unit. So I had to tell him that AB is fine. But AB is a man child, an epidemic sweeping this nation great in size and a love for a particular sport, but while I may love him, and he in a drunken text may have claimed the same... I am putting my life on hold while he figures out if at 31 he's ready to shed his Peter Pan like ways.* So I left out the drunk text, the pseudo dating and as a whole glossed AB into a neat bundle in an attempt to reassure him that no more CEF like characters would be entering the picture and that maybe, just maybe one day I can meet a normal boy er man. Though as I learned in my blog surfing this morning, "who needs romance when you can have complication" that is sort of my mantra these days, though I don't know if it should be.

*Oddly enough he was Peter Pan's shadow for Halloween...

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cara2393/2974763573/

4 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, what exactly is a Man-Child?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not you - but for the sake of explanation:

    A man child has many of the following characteristics

    1. A non-stable/non adult job ie. he is at 25+ still working a Sbucks, Blockbuster, or McD's. Doesn't mean it has to be an"adult" job - ie. you can work in the video game industry, draw graphic novels etc if you actually do that with some intent..er go the next point

    2. No consistent income - works a job without some kind of stability - like so you know where your paycheck is coming from etc.

    3. Binge drink regularly/can't go a week without getting a little tipsy or more

    4. Party's regularly - see above - more active social life than work life focusing on a large friend group of young young slutty women and equally young men, who all actually oddly enough though have regular jobs and educations...

    5. Views getting married and having kids as something at 31 he's not old enough to do but figures somewhere in there it will happen before 35

    6. Is happy being a househusband - ie. lazy slob on the couch or the boy who sleeps in until 4 and forgets the kids at school...

    In case you are wondering - a love of anime, video games, even WoW and so on are not determinants of man child. It's the I never want to grow up issue. If you are adult enough for a healthy committed relationship and children, and you can nurture them and not view them as a play thing then I think you're actually an adult who likes thinks society classifies as youthful.

    Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record he was and he wasn't and wow this is going to be a post in and of it self - so on that note see the new post...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.