Monday, January 25, 2010

A Confession

If I could chose another life for myself it would be as a contemporary/ballet dancer. I have always had this love hate relationship with ballet - on the hate side my 5 year old ballet class on the love side seeing the Moscow ballet perform in the Kremlin Theatre. In between - So You Think You Can Dance and The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. I could and have watched hours of dance and CC knows I would trade just about anything to don a pink leotard and en pointe shoes and dance like any principle dancer. But the sad truth is I can't, I can dream about it. Honestly even my "busting a move" is busted. So on that sad sad note, this beauty (please watch it at least twice):

4 comments:

  1. I battle and same love/hate w. my passion as well. As in...right now I hate that I can't feel my legs, I love that it's all in work to my audition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my current and some actual passion is marathon running - I know the whole leg pain thing, I also have lost two not so beautiful toenails to the cause. Keep going, when it's all said and done at the end of the audition you'll know it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...day 3 was today. My legs feel fine when I'm moving...it's when I decide to stop that I have trouble. I swear I was stuck in the tanning bed today cause I couldn't hoist myself out w. my legs. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't the only one to have a moment like that, the afternoon after the Philly marathon while I managed to climb the 20 stairs to the bathroom, I could not for the life of me put my legs on the couch. I had to have help lifting them on the couch or bed for the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.