Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shoes


So while we (I) am looking for that ring, I am also shockingly looking at your shoes. Yes your shoes. Shoes basically sum you up in a quick pass over if of course that ring isn't there. Now you may think me crazy, then again you likely already do anyways.

I wish I could show you an example from Ms. J and my recent trip (but that would reveal who I am, no?), sitting behind me at a cafe is a man dressed in expensive casual attire, however he has on equally expensive dress shoes. While he is in a shirt and polo, he has his socks pulled up and dress shoes. This would be the occasion for less formal footwear. My assumption at this sight is he either has spent a large amount of money on said shoes and none left over for more appropriate footwear or he's really just clueless about his image...

I know it seems unfair, it's usually the duty of a girlfriend to mold and shape your errors...but since you might have one and I have no one to nag - AB was even decent enough to avoid critique...

I offer these suggestions - one pair good/new looking/well taken care of/comfortable black dress shoes and the same in a chocolate brown color. One pair of casual shoes, runners for exercise (of course), and some kind of summer shoe unless you live in the far far North... but no chunky mandal looking thing... Obviously there is room for personal style and taste and those get bonus points if you pull them off. Before you start complaining one quarter of my shoe collection sits under my desk at work and it includes:

3 different styles of black shoes (two w/different heel heights, one suede 4inch wedge - almost same as picture to give you an idea of what a "wedge" is - don't her toes look SO comfortable?)
1 pair gray suede wedge (2 inches)
1 pair purple suede pumps (2 1/2 inches)
1 pair teal suede flats (1 inch)
1 pair brown leather sling back (2 1/2 inches)

My other office has two pairs black shoes, one pair brown. At home I have more than I really want to count because I'm always on the hunt for more to "round out the collection." Really is it too much to ask for a man to have 5 decent pairs that cover all the basics?

Simple, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.