Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quirk

I have many quirks. One of them I was reminded of this morning as we were driving over the bridge into the downtown core - this song was on and though it's not this song I digress, though it is on the topic of the future and I'm always one to put the cart before the horse... I want to name my daughters after song names - so they can have a song that can be sung to them. Georgia is a name I've always loved, CEF refused, it's a freaking state name was he would say... oh well then spell it Jorja and torture them. On this lovely side note probably spurned on by the full moon and my lack of sleep - the other song and I know that might be questionable... so I'm willing to negotiate, but if things go the way I suspect they might, I won't have to negotiate with anyone. Nap time and then off for a long drive out of town to the grand parentals for faspa.

7 comments:

  1. You're not alone.

    Other song names that I'd like to name my future kids:
    Jolene, Hannah (both from Ray's 1st Album), Jessica, Melissa (Allman Brothers songs)
    Julia, Michelle (Beatles songs)
    Sue - for a boy (Johnny Cash song)...well, this last one is still questionable =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene I can see - the others well are too common for me - being a child with a very very common name was hell, being one of 4 in a class was well beyond annoying. Sue for a boy - well maybe not, then again I'm not involved in this now am I? TBF named her latest Cash after Johnny. It suits their family, not so sure I would. I am leaning towards options like Khonen (Yiddish) or Emmett, though I would love to see if I could do something like Rochester after Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary names?
    Soren? - I'd name my boy that, after Kierkegaard.
    Or maybe Holden?
    Sherlock???

    Whatever the name maybe, The middle's got to be "Danger."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Georgia's great. Whatever you name them, let it rhyme with something though... Briana's a great one for singing songs to her wee ones, but tho Nora is a great name, try to think of something that rhymes with it? The best we've come up with is Nora 'splora... not so romantic.

    Wesley's went something like,
    Sweetie baby honey bee,
    My sweetie baby wes-e-ly, My wesley boy...

    It makes more sense when you hear it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOITB: SUE? Seriously? Man, you are mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soren maybe, but Danger? Um. I will say I like Bronwyn because my late great aunt loathed it, but Danger would put me in Danger with my family - there is some sense of decorum around these things around here... goodness my father would not be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the end I have for years had full names I would like but well, even those change...

    Georgia Elleoise (and yes I know it's spelled differently)

    Emmett Rochester - I decided to no torment my future fruit of my womb with a name that can be shortened to Chester - eek.

    Anyways my hormones can't take much more

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.