Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Challenges

I write to find peace. Sure I run to do the same thing - running is the slow release, writing is a pop the balloon like action for me. I can rarely empty the entire contents of myself out on the pavement, empty every corner of my soul. In writing I find there is a security to do, but it normally escapes in a more emotionally violent/forceful way... I digress. The point - the point is this blog is going to be a rare moment of truth, a glimpse into the world of me.

The billboard on the wall of train station this morning had a Yellow Pages ad, "Heading to a job you hate?" I chuckled, snapped a picture to send to Ms. J and hopped aboard a train to a job I hate. Why? Well I have staff, and we will leave it at that... so the goal is to keep my head above water - find some kind of peace and count the days to September when I get to invest in more debt to hopefully find a future...

Sorry I realize that really isn't that transparent... how about this - I want to do my PhD in English or I that I've gone back to being 90% vegan in an attempt to feel healthier and more with it - the 10% allows for the occasional egg and the odd dairy product that slips in - I'm not back to checking labels, or that I love the truth in this song, that despite everything I have something to hold onto.


2 comments:

  1. PhD in English...hey, at least it's better than a BA in English (I kid!)! In any case, good luck. You're one step closer to doing what it is your heart is telling you to do.

    And applause for going (almost) vegan. Personally, I'm a meataterian so I would fail epically if I were in your shoes.

    Not that I could pull off girls' shoes either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you could pull off my shoes - though you know both the high heels and the veganism isn't all that hard really once you get into the swing of things. I still have my "flex" moments - I would refer you on to my vegan recipe blog - but that is linked to the rest of my "secret" past life - so for now I'm as anonymous as I can be...

    As for the BA in English, I know it's worth very little, oddly enough there is nothing I would have done differently - sure I was close to having at least a minor in Chemistry, I could have likely struggled through to the end, but instead I opt to tutor organic chemistry instead of spending hours in a lab... though I do miss the hNMR machines...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.