Sunday, December 27, 2009

6 Word Memoirs...

I have a handful of addictions - caffeine, vodka, vintage fashion, high-high heels and book stores. Bookstores get me more excited than anyone has, well anyone other than AB to this point in my life... I know it's a different kind of excitement, but the euphoria is similar. The smell of used books makes my toes curl along with the sides of my lips as they form a smile. So in our attempt to avoid a perma-drunk state as well as get fresh air Ms. J and I found ourselves in the local independent bookstore. I left with a handful of books. One of the smallest and in many ways simplest addition to my expensive book collection is 6 Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak. The premise simple, 6 words to describe any aspect of the topic.
Some examples:
Love blooms like crocuses: dirty, brave.

It helps to label the books.

Lost my virginity to her husband.

And so the book goes on... so my dear readers I think it's time to add some to the book.

Boys suck. The End. Wanna Date? - courtesy of Ms. J

Even returned the empty conditioner bottle.

I run, catch me, we'll discuss.

Hugs from behind are not mutual.

Love = carrying me when feet hurt.

Your turn...

5 comments:

  1. My marriage in two words: incomplete

    ReplyDelete
  2. must love literature, vodka, marathons, pacifism.

    As for the toliet seat, are we still discussing that issue? I though we had y'all trained on that one already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would I do without you?

    HAHAHA! What would we men do without you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know - learn to cook, clean and fend for yourself? You'd likely survive just fine for a while... then you'd need our special charm

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.