Friday, December 11, 2009

Dethroning...

I posted a longish series on Prince Charming* aka PC's (known as DB on this blog) in a previous blogging lifetime ago (I have pasted the crux of the idea at the bottom of this blog), and this weekend in an attempt to deal with mine I'm dragging Ms. J along to see if I can dethrone mine. I know it sounds a little crazy but as part of this whole get rid of anything that reeks of this past year or previous years of dating he's on the chopping block. I'll let you know how it goes, likely it will involve the mere sight of him turning me into a ditsy mute, which I know Ms. J will love.

*Prince Charming: He's the one every man out there on a white horse or vintage 10 speed is competing with whether he knows it or not...And he's not mine, nor does he even know me to be honest. I doubt Arielle really knew the Prince. She knew enough to somehow want him, to believe he was better then the Mermen of the Sea with their rippling chests and shiny scaled tails. So sure they were equal on the chests front, but were lungs and legs enough to sway her heart? I guess so. I'm not sure when he took control of the spot, or maybe it has always been his, which would not surprise me, I knew him before I liked boys. He functions like Carrie's Mr. Big, unattainable, unavailable and yet the attachment has been unbreakable. I would love to dethrone this one, but I am unsure of how, of how to have him abdicate his throne for another, a real and non-mystical love for all time. In the interim, I feel like Sleeping Beauty, paralyzed, in this limbo of waiting. However mine of course is more metaphorical, and is in some way of my own choosing, and is in my hands to control, sort of. There is still his tethering to my the floral platform of blissful bondage. My waiting is not like hers, my life is still going on, I'm aging - she did not apparently or she waited a really short time. I'm getting to experience emotions and life and all those twist the tether and chafe me, but here I am trying to start my own emotional and intellectual coup, an internal act of treason just so I can move on to another and start the process all over again.

2 comments:

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.