Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Singleness...

As of late I've been realizing that what I'm looking for has slowly changed over the years... as a whole I know it hasn't in the sense that I haven't gone from looking for Type C to Type M or something like that(I know that is a little muddled), specifically I've always known a Type A would likely cause me grief and I vice versa. An AB clone without the AB issues would in many ways be good, but as I realized at our staff Christmas party I have something possibly as restrictive as my dabblings with veganism to consider, running. The husband of one of my staff bemoaned his inability to keep up with his marathoning and explicitly said that is something I MUST consider. Really?

Let's review this shall we? I have a had a year of mediocre at best dates and one whatever you want to call it "relationship." One was a marathoner now a die hard skier (OM) and the others not overly athletic aside from biking everywhere. Will I run for the rest of my life? I sure hope so. Now I'm aware it isn't a deal breaker, all the women I know who are runners are married, but on the other hand all are vocal about their frustrations that their pursuit isn't always honored... not my place on that issue. Here's my issue - I like distances - marathon distances and strongly looking at ultra's, and those are time consuming. Not just the races, but the training long runs. A 20 miler on a Saturday morning is easily 3hrs, 4 if breakfast is factored in...and most evenings there are 10-15 mile runs... So did I just pick my future? Marathoning and sporatic veganism over someone in my bed and life?

Just look - it isn't that bad a choice is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.