Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day

I have no moral objection to Valentine's Day. Seriously I don't. Weird. I do however have a moral objection to the idea that there will be a man some day in my life who will believe it is important. It is not. It is important that he remember my favorite colour *cough* pink *cough* or my favorite flowers (rose, peonies, tulips, freesia - any are good choices) etc, remember things I like etc. But you know what? I like those things year round. Like a big vase of pink tulips randomly arriving on the muckiest "winter" day around here would be more amazing then a singing card and a vase of overpriced roses (near death)... I know I'm asking too much. I know I'm picky and demanding and not thinking about how hard spontaneity and individual thought are.

So if he can only be spontaneous once in his life time I pray that it is when it involves a Legacy-esque ring and the act of proposing to my sorry self - in other words if he tries to do it on Valentine's day regardless of the carat, the answer will be no. Picky yes, crazy, I don't think so, but then again that might be because I have nothing to test it against.
PS. I will also admitt CEF managed the flowers thing - but he complained about the cost and never ever got a colour I would like or a type I remotely liked... and I am a horrible person for saying that, still

5 comments:

  1. Well at least you can stare Valentines in the face...I for one can't right now. :S

    Havent seen you around 'AS' lately. Would love to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had an attachment to Vday, actually when I was 15 all my single friends got together and had a Single Women Living Without Men Club party at a local restaurant, it was fun. We still laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not entirely sure why I bother w. it. I completely agree w. your logic. There shouldn't be one day that defines romance cause where is the spontaneity in that? Part of the 'sparkle phase' is not knowing what the other one will do next. But I think this year I will watch gory movies, eat sushi and accompany it w. some drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan, I had coffee and grocery shopped with my dad, and then like any self respecting local would do I opened my blinds and slept in the spring sun like a cat, because God knows we get so little of the real sunshine and a heck of a lot of liquid version

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, sounds like you are from Vancouver or Seatle. We get sun but it's blasted w. windchills here. How romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.