Saturday, February 27, 2010

Big-ish Year Ahead

So my birthday is not anytime soon soon, but it was about now when Ms. J and I started planning our NYC trip we did last year, so I figured hell might as well start now for this year.

There is only a small race related road trip on the books at this point... so right now aside from being informed by CW I HAVE to have an AMAZING high class party this year (we've yet to decide what that looks like - but it involves the lavender Grecian dress that Ms. J and I purchased in Greenwich Village last year)... but aside from that I figured I should have for a list like Slice of Pink for my *cough* 29 *cough* birthday - which is not this year if you're checking. So I am taking suggestions on the 29 things I should do before that fateful moment arises. Now please note I'm an NLLL poor broke - I will be living off of whatever I can pay down on my current student loan, so trips anywhere is near impossible... I will offer you these which will be on the list because hell I know I can do/have to do them...

1. Apply for graduate school
2. Dye hair blond - been every other "natural" shade
3. Make something with squash blossoms

So that leaves you 26 adventures for me - vote away, please note that I have been to Russia, seen the ballet, been to several NHL games, but beyond that go for it.

7 comments:

  1. Use 3 random words in a conversation with a strange person (must be a good-looking SINGLE guy). Or just be absolutely bombastic and get their digits/ask them out on a date. How's that for an adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that works. Any other ideas? I thought about having drinks at the Shangra-La downtown, which is the big celebrity spot apparently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I love that you are doing a list too. :D

    'Snapshot'

    I'm big on the whole idea of photo shoots. A snapshot to show where you were at in that part of your life. Also, I keep telling myself our bodies don't get better w. age...usually.

    'VIP'

    Get completely fabulous, the hair, the make up, outfit and shoes, go sit in a coffee shop w. a book or laptop and when someone heads over have a complete story of how you are writing your 3rd published novel or how you are a reporter from 'NY' doing a story. See what conversation comes from that.

    'FOOD'

    Make something you remember from your childhood (that you loved) not the dish your aunt always made for Christmas that you HATED, I mean the banana bread or the gingersnap cookies you always loved and haven't had since your youth. (You can always send me some to sample too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ideas guys, totally going to do all that. It's going to be hard but stay tuned I'll articulate your ideas into a list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of which how do you alter the html to do a strike through on blogger? It's been bugging me.

    Looks like I can cross 2 off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it is < strike > before the word and the < / strike > after - write in the appropriate HTML codes in to your post. Okay so I'm am going to post the updated list...

    Though note with no spacing in between - I had to add those because blogger doesn't let me add HTML in my comments, boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah okay. Every other blog program I have had has been strikeout not just strike. Thanks my dear!

    I want to see this list be as long as mine...no, longer!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.