Sunday, February 14, 2010

Half of My Heart...

Knows that it's going to have to put it's desire for a cuddle in the fading light of a Sunday afternoon away and embrace this shaky journey I've started. I know in many ways my pursuit of graduate school has really nothing to do with being single and/or picky, but the increasing weight of it is making realize that it is my relationship, for now. I will have to find comfort in the books that I'm plowing through, that my weekend adventures with Ms J will become centered on things unrelated to boys/men. So on that note you might find that my desire to write ebbs and flows and for that I'm extremely sorry. I know that as Anne Lamott says " writing is for some of us the latch that keeps the door of the pen closed, keeps these crazy ravenous dogs contained" and it is very much like that for me, but I also find that running does equally well with keeping the random ADD nature of my brain on ice...

So on that note I'm going to find some John Mayer, the open bottle of Pinot Gris in the fridge and make a very extensive Graduate school reading list to aid my GRE language exam

3 comments:

  1. Ah I agree.
    Strange how we have to adapt and change our comfort zones so often. But I think its an ability many lack. Take happiness in knowing you can change gears and find different comforts (or at least convince yourself of them being ones) in different situations. Eventually they do become genuine ones. *cough recline cycle for 1 hr every day. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that, I will stick with choking through Passage to India which is making me ill...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess there is something through each process that is hard to convince yourself into liking. I say that as I stare at my breakfast. 1) I hate breakfast, 2) Bran buds look like dog food....I KNOW WHY people eat them but seriously are there people out there who ENJOY eating them? 3) The bananas do not disguise my distaste for them.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.