Friday, June 26, 2009

I was sooo smooth, you have no idea

So I came to the realization today that I might only be successful thus far because of alcohol, my sweet precious, because well I've been under the influence and same with the men whence these conversations happened, and then whence sober, the conversation seems to get well hindered. Same went for tonight, when I really should have toot sweet made a bee line for the Liquor store to avoid the shitastic conversation skills I demonstrated when BV called... oh it was my finest hour for sure - even better than the time I fell on my ass in a short skirt in grade 10, revealing my white knickers... So anyways CW and I hit the mall and beat it a little while too, I came to the realization I had no date, date date or pseudo date appropriate wear... so ya, who knew that that was a fashion subset I needed to consider. So 2pm tomorrow, I have to find my personality without the alcohol and remember that this whole show, this is all an unknown - like what to say, how much sarcasm is too much sarcasm and really is there such a thing, and when do dates turn into dating, or even for that matter when does a date = a date, and when do those amount to dates plural - like do the pseudo and regular dates get included in the date date equation...

To add, when do I have to choose - that is to say I'm totally upselling myself believing that that absolutely horrible moment is going to happen... yes horrible that would be, no? As well AR believes that I need to find me a theme song, so while Beyonce believes a Diva is a female version of a hustler, I believe that a diva I am not, and Fiddy's PIMP isn't quite right, I leave you with the oft played:

7 comments:

  1. so i'm confused...is AB the 40y/o i disapprove of or is that OM?

    -CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. For general clarification:

    OM is the older person you so loathe - rightfully so...

    AB - EC grad - thus the moniker, showed up on the scene around the 50's

    BV - is new to you, to me and everyone else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to even realize those were people...I thought there was some form of internet short-speak that I had somehow missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um well considering you are BI (SURPRISE!), think you would have figured this out already. And how would I have learned any kind of Internet speak, you know my relationship with computers and all that...

    Everyone gets a nickname to keep this anonymous thing moving along, and the girls get the simple nicknames for the most part, minus the old roommate who picked her's and the boys get long ones in the attempt to vaguely describe them but make sure there are no clear identifiers - like for me to say that BV might just be a mechanical engineer working in medical R&D, fellow menno and so on, we could have some issues if I ever need to deny those facts. So there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, it's always possible that I was just playing mentally hard to get...but no, that's not something I would ever do...nope...never...always on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, in what way am I not the marrying kind? I don't disagree, just curious as to why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes you are always on the up and up and no you never played mentally hard to get, ever. As for not being the marrying kind - well if I remember correctly you once said you weren't interested in marriage, so that is one interpretation, and two yes I despite how much I did care for you - there were definite areas that weren't going to be bridged and honestly that I wasn't even ready to start acknowledging were huge issues in my life. You were my place of safety for which I will always be immensly grateful and yes the safety and feeling of being known and accepted by someone, like I felt I was with you is a litmus test for all future relationships and none have met the mark. But I guess that is the beauty of life and love and all that, you've found someone who cherishes everything it is to be you and you have a beautiful child, and I, I have through everything have the knowledge that there are guys like you out there, and someday I'll find the one that I can cherish every part of who they are and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.