Friday, June 05, 2009

Summer Lovin'

The claim is that the summer heat brings out all the other kinds of heat between the sexes (and yes there are couples popping up all over the place), however I have to seriously disagree, and while I could argue that disagreement based on my own personal experience, I have to say it's more just based on general perception...

Summer brings with it the following:

Heat: Which robs us (me) of sleep, making us (me cranky, moody, irritable...), it makes makeup application and hair styling annoying, pointless and then returns us (me) to the whole moody and cranky part - this morning for example I found myself blow drying/flat ironing my hair while standing in front of my fan in the attempt to counteract the heat, and reduce the makeup drip off. I've even been known to do more environmental damage via electricity use by standing in front of the open freezer post hot roller application to prep my face for foundation... well it was August and my belief was if I am going to get some lovin' I best put my face on.

Sand: It's dusty, it's dirty and it gets into the most unfortunate of places

Skin: So I get that this is part of the whole summer lovin' thing - because well every inch of social permitable for exposure skin is out there, and a lot that shouldn't be seen... and while I know the boys love the boobs or whatever else, for someone like myself prone to burn lobster red in less time than it takes for your frappe to melt, it's pure evil. If whatever is exposed is not covered in SPF 80 and then covered by clothing I might as well not leave the house - and even then. I've been known to burn in the shade, if I don't burn, I get one hell of a heat rash... that's actually worse surprisingly.

Then of course once you're good and burned the skin starts to peel and unless you've already found someone to love you unconditionally enough to loofah your back and all those unreachable regions you are left to peel in the most unfortunate of fashions.

There's also the bug bites, allergies, and all the other small and large annoyances at this time of year. It's enough to make me want to stay inside in the dark with my fan, homemade iced tea (or a mojito) and a good book... if that sounds like your cup of iced tea then come on in and join me...

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/doseyparis/3077310996/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.