Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Dont' Hook Up - But I Do Put Out


The baked goods that is, just in case your minds weren't in the right place this morning...in that I'm making a jaunt to drop off some freshly made cookies this evening...

But that's not the point I'm really getting at while I baked/cooked and did my do diligence for almost 4 months with BI, the entire time I was in his cross hairs as J calls it and not the other way around. I spent the time unintentionally seducing him with either my cheesecake, my red hair or my shiteous taste in movies, regardless, food was involved. And since it's claimed that food is the way to a man's heart, I have since followed the belief, that since I'm not going to offer the slices for free,* I might as well offer homemade cookies. So if you start getting baked goods, especially those you claim to be your favorites, from me on a regular basis, while it may be out of my own consciousness of my waistline in combination with stress baking, it's likely because you've slipped into my cross hairs... I can't say that this the case for tonight's delivery, but it could be...

Here's to all the men unwittingly in cross hairs today, because well to be honest most of you are in some way shape or form, it's okay though, it's safe to leave your houses, it's aways been this way, from the moment you were born to the day you leave this world. It is for this reason that I wonder why there weren't more female secret agents, really we are plotting, scheming and well doing whatever we feel like to torture or seduce you... maybe that's why, we can't be trusted when men are involved.

I will leave you with the wise words of Ms. Adele: He would be hard to chase, But good to catch, and he could change the world, With his hands behind his back, oh...



*Wisdom courtesy of Stacey London, no boy is going to buy the loaf if you are handing out the slices for free, so cover yo'self up.
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77824231@N00/1217149145/

4 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with this blog post, but reading these posts, compared to your posts from a few years ago...and you really have come quite a ways in terms of understanding yourself and coming out of your shell. Good to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well honestly that's what a whole hell of a lot of therapy can do for a person. Yep, lots and lots of it (every two weeks I'm in your hood for a brain adjustment), and get distance from a few family members, rip your life apart intentionally and start all over, it changes things... a whole lot of things, and then realize that once you've gone through all that and everything else related to that, there really isn't anything that is all that scary, well other than public singing and dancing - no amount of therapy is going to make those accomplishable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is one of the most important lessons that so many people never learn. To be successful in life (not money wise or anything, just in general...relationships, jobs, etc) you really need to know WHO YOU are. Once you know who you are, everything else tends to make alot more sense. So kudo's for being willing to take that plunge into self exploration. It can be a scary journey, but at the end of it, nothing else can ever be as rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self exploration has been the shits, the whole process has been in many ways that, but it's also been wonderful, it has been a process of sorting out the truth in everything, and in many ways I have been extremely lucky to have it go down as shiteous as it did, because it left me without anyone, and a chance to see who was actually standing when the intial drama disappated, J and N were my core people, J kept me out of bed, and has provided me a safe haven in the holidays, N was my crutch at work, and in the process, I decided I guess in some way to reinvent myself or give myself licence to be anyone I wanted to be. Sooo do I know myself, nope, it's a process, do I know more about myself, more than I wish at times, but I move forward and what will be will be, the future will bring whatever it brings, whether that is, it is - whether that's a relationship with anyone or more time alone, it's alright with me, and as to the rest of it, well hell I'm still at the same job and the same school, life is pretty consistent in that respect.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.