Friday, June 19, 2009

Just Keeping My Options Open...


J looked at me with her all knowing motherly look of concern when I announced that I was intending on going to OM's fiesta. Really it's cheap booze (I get tipsy on like one glass of wine) and it's a recession, why the hell not? Actually there are plenty of other reasons and they all have to do with having a good time and torturing OM. Yes, why the hell not, not the torturing part, the having a good time, the torturing is just a fringe benefit to me enjoying myself. See as witness from the last event, everyone seems to be there with the intention of making new friends, new friends result in more new friends like AB, so in the knowledge that AB is likely just going to be an awesome transparent friend like the rest of the gaggle around here, I'm seeing what else is out there in the way of community in general. And hell if AB is interested well we will cross that bridge when it arises. So I will don my infamous blue dress, and no it is not infamous for any Monica Lewinsky like reasons, and see what a bottle of wine and some appies will get me, aside from the standard gropey hug and a few uncomfortable moments courtesy of OM.

Before all that I'll be trawling the stacks, I keep forgetting that I am apparently in school... nagging degree business this all is...

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/historyanorak/3380200086/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.