Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reassurance


Advice from a Single Girl posted that she is currently having a little bump in the I'm fierce, fabulous and free but wouldn't mind being taken road. Honey, that road for me is like an North or Midwest highway after winter. Courtesy of FB I should note that in addition to the bumps there are also ego er car swallowing potholes. OM is now officially dating someone. And while it shouldn't bug me that our resident closet case has found the closest thing to man give or take a few organs it is still frustrating. First is the nagging comparisons, next to this woman I look like a woman who breathes and sh*ts pink, laces and books on etiquette. Why would I even be attractive if you seem to like them flat, rectangular and on board with going days in the woods without bathing... Oh egos you are annoying things.

So yes please join my I'm fabulous, feminine and can cook myself out of any conundrum that could ever occur pity party, because what the hell. I am cough *late twenties* cough and I can only seem to get shit for offers. You are probably saying, but S&P you are over dramatic. Am I?

Exhibit 1. Murder Mystery - my faux love interest couldn't even flirt with me - he's a sweet guy I've known for years - but he couldn't even fake it for the course of an evening - way to make a girl feel like she's completely deficient.

Exhibit 2. Bus on Tuesday with my Saloon Girl costume and large black feather boa. Nice regular asks what's with the boa after sitting and staring at it for most of the 20 minute ride. I responded the get up was for a murder mystery. The response Oh, nice... silence... averted eye contact. Like what did you want to hear buddy? The boa is part of my strip tease act? Or that I randomly walk around with a black boa because I think that's cool, fashionable, not weird. I know I should be more gracious, but I will not offer more grace to a man who when he has the upper hand in the socially awkward department does not take it.

Anyways yes I know I have said that I have no room for a relationship and that is true, but it's still frustrating for me when I see fabulous women around me getting left behind while others who aren't so fabulous in my eyes get caught.
So pity party aside - to all the lovely, smart, talented, break the mold and won't take your baggage kinds of women I offer this:



I know it's no womyn power, hear me roar song, it's my it's going to be okay song...
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinetree4com/2723689315/

PS. OM's gf is a nice person don't get me wrong, I wish her loads of luck with the cold fish, my annoyance is at him and her FB glee.

 

7 comments:

  1. I mean this in the most sincere of ways:

    You're really sweating this guy? Because of her???

    You're so money and you don't even know it!

    We all know you can do better. A whole lot better. Don't sell yourself short.

    You ask, "Then how come I'm single and feeling like crap?"

    I say: "I don't know. Point is, you're feeling this way because you're letting yourself feel like this. All I know is we just have to keep trying until we hit jackpot. After all, if OM can do it, why can't we, right? Right!"

    Homework (this also applies to me as well):
    1. Treat yourself to something good...but not overindulging...put down the credit card and lay off the sauce!

    2. Surprise yourself - maybe we can all benefit from pushing our comfort levels up a notch, whether by mixing up our routine or chatting up the cute stranger in the bus.

    That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will confess I believe he got under my skin because of the all the freaking effort I had to put in. BUT that is no excuse, I know that, I just have to remind myself of that - and yes I have a stupid case of the sads.

    Ms. J and I are heading out tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not stupid you felt that way. Unfortunately, reality has a way of not meeting our expectations. Have fun tonight w Ms. J. Tell her I said hello. And thanks for the Amen in victoria's blog.

    You're beautiful too, kiddo. Don't let some closet case or any other fool tell you otherwise. And this ain't no April fool's joke, you can bank on it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem with girls is that they don't know what they want...

    The problem with guys is that we know what we want...we want it all...

    Most of us want a girl that is girly and can be feminine and all that...

    but we also want a girl that can go to the hockey game with us and swear at the ref...

    but we also want a girl that can hang out with our guy friends and enjoy herself...

    but we also want a girl that knows how to take care of the house and our children...

    but we also want a girl that can go camping and hiking with us in the backwoods...

    but we also want a girl that can act like a lady in public...

    but we also want a girl who is a closet stripper wanna-be in private...

    We want the women in our lives to be versatile and open for pretty much anything. It's not an easy task, but I don't know if most guys understand how hard that can be for a girl.

    Or maybe it's just me...hell if I understand other guys, /shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that, we(girls/ladies) want it all too - just less obvious.

    Okay well you know that I like hockey and you likely have gathered I have a sufficient non-lady like language vocabulary.

    And as to being cool with the guys - I think you know that's fine with me - to be honest I prefer that dynamic - a room full of women doesn't really work for me.

    And so on and so forth because well some of the above I can't really prove, but I think the issue might be just like we (women) seem to type guys into jock and etc. the same happens in reverse. For me there is assumption is that just because I show up with food wherever I go, that is all I am. They don’t realize that I actually fall asleep each night listening to the sports radio station, and that so help me Martha if you get between me and my beloved Canucks during playoffs etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also not like it matter apparently my blog is having issues loading - so I'm sorry it should be the way it was before with the colour at the top etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with TOITB - you are sweating this guy overmuch. And speaking as one who watches you put in a lot of freaking effort - maybe that's one way you need to grow. Maybe it's time you countered the trend and put the time into the ones that really matter... not just the ones that seem to be the only live ones on the hook.

    Both of us fell for the OM trap, but your biggest strength seems to become your failing as well in the dating world - you are so persistent you get attached when the guy just aint that into you. Not a reflection on you, my fine, fierce and free friend... just pointing out that guys just don't seem to return persistence.

    Now for Therrien's comment - I so don't agree. This could either be because I'm a girl and don't know boys as well as I think, or it could be because guys don't come across the way they think. the whole "want it all" thing is bunk. Guys don't know what they want any better than girls do, hence they fumble around and "pseudo-date" girls but protest that they "don't want a relationship." ya maybe they want it all - but the troublesome part is that too many men I meet in the 18-35 range want it all without any commitment or cost to them.
    In my mind, this is what makes girls feel like dirt in the dating world, and tricks us into persisting beyond all reason, feeling that "if a guy is spending time with me, he must be interested on some level, so if I just bake him some more lemon loaf and watch more hockey games with him, then maybe it will turn into something!"

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.