Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Need a Man Servant

Yes you heard me, I need a man servant. Someone to do the laundry, the dishes, mop the floor, cook me bland meals and read Frankenstein to me, and when I fall asleep into a Gravol coma, fill the spaces with a human presence. It's lonely being stuck in bed (BR and Ms. J is away for the weekend too). It's even lonelier when you know if I you put aside all your self respect you could ask for someone to come visit your sick self, but there are dishes in the sink, laundry to be washed and a sick body that doesn't want to consider the scrub a dub dubbing that would be necessary before I let someone in... or maybe the only person on the current man servant list is a man who I know it is not truly in his character to come help me...

Oh well on a happier note - while I spend my waking hours on YouTube, check this out:

2 comments:

  1. There's no room for him to try and get back to your good graces? Was that bridge hideously burned?
    You can always play the "mean" card: let him do the hard work while you're sick then drop him like it's hot when you're all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more about pride, I in the end feel like the balance of our relationship was my give and his take... and I just don't know how much I can really rely on him. Sure he seems like he cares, but I guess I would rather suffer through it and not ask him for help. I would like him here but I know that isn't going to help the forgetting him part... and I need to get on with that.

    Those aside from cabin fever or whatever you want to call it, I seem to be slowly getting better - I got dressed in real clothes to go to the store today - yep I walked, did laundry and generally cleaned up. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.