Friday, March 05, 2010

Oh Gravol, how I love you

I, for the first and I promise the last time in my life, got out of bed put a coat and sandals on and walked to the store last night. That's right in my pj's, my oh so sexy, ugly sweaty with the stench of sickness pj's. Likely not they had only be on for the afternoon and I had showered, but anyways I felt like that... I stumbled over to my handy two blocks away 24hr drug store and loaded up on Gatorade, GingerAle, yogurt, Lysol wipes and Gravol. Now yes I am lactose intolerant, but I needed the bacteria and I can't imagine I would feel worse. The point is Gravol is a beautiful drug. I slept through the night and I plan on sleeping through the next few days aside from liquid intake.

But while I have been awake for a few short hours this morning - I found this:


Her monologue at the end on the talk is why I write, why I dream of writing, why holding an old or a new paperback novel makes my skin tingle. Words are our opportunity at life or death, freedom or bondage, hope or despair. Our stories: failures, successes, near misses, the smiles, the tears, the moments of bliss they are us and they knit us to our world, to the soul of all - the presence of the Spirit, who we all are and where we originated.

I am about to slip back into my Gravol coma, have a lovely day.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtheowl/2881532663/

2 comments:

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.