Friday, April 02, 2010

Regroup

So now:
Ms J has her first real place.
It is April and the very real fact that September is fast approaching is sinking in.
I start my first class in almost a year in about a month - that's kind of scary - it's my first English class in 5 almost 6 years - oddly I feel TERRIFIED.

On those notes of moving forward we went out last night to celebrate jobs, homes and futures - drank a little too much, Ms. J ditched me, I forgot my umbrella on the T did I mention we drank too much? They turned the word lemon loaf into a euphemism that forever will change how I view that baked item (it was tweeted if you want some kind of context).  Let's just say for the sake of roaring laughter I will likely have it at my wedding...

So we are moving forward, forward, forward.  But to look back for a second - I wrote the quote below in the Christmas card of a dear girl I tutored in Chemistry for two years - moment of brilliance, just like my human electron cloud reenactments I did to help her conceptualize the atom. Let's just say nothing really worked all the well to get the point across but she got it eventually.


"Learn from your successes and embrace your failures- all while being gracious and patient with yourself - failure is not to be feared and success is not to be your shelter"

Honestly though it sounds narcissistic I am tempted to get that tattooed on my back - so I can show the world something of quality comes out of this brain.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonlightbaker/291202052/

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm... How many ways can we say YOU NEED TO BE A WRITER, hon? (That is, a paid one.)

    And I didn't ditch you! I "lost" you on the T when I had a drink-induced attack of unpaid-fare paranoia! High Drama Ensued!! But I found you again. Silly girl. Why didn't you wait inside the T?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I being equally drunk wasn't sure what the hell to do since you had my phone too. No brollie, no phone, no Ms. J leaves one to panic just a little.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.