Friday, August 28, 2009

Going Backwards and Forward

AB called me last night to let me know he was going to bed and that he wasn't well, it caught me by surprise which is probably why I answered the call to begin with.

I had texted AB to find out how he was at about 8, just as I crawled into bed to try and sleep off all the horrible things I had put in my body like ice cream... and drifted off somewhere shortly there after, so when AB called at 10ish let's just say I wasn't quite coherent, I do remember something about discussing a massage because he was sore - he's got the flu apparently, funny enough he has been more worried that I'll get sick than the fact that he's getting progressively worse... oh well. Previous to this V and I had a talk about the whole situation, she's arranged the 1/2 blind date, I don't want to know anything, but he knows he's being set up with me, whatever V's told him about me. I feel kind of sleazy about the whole thing, but I'm trying to put the whole thing in perspective, nothing has been formalized, nothing said, nothing gained or lost at this moment.

Though it is funny either I had intentions or a premonition of sorts about this whole thing back in May when AB was introduced to this whole circle. I commented to CC about AB that we knew what happened when a uncomplicated boy friendship and movie watching started many moons ago, funny though this is more complicated than that situation. I think because well it's the reverse, and it's not the way I think it should be, call me antiquated, call me whatever you'd like but I still hold to the belief that it's almost the only way that women have to be sure of anything in a man, his actions, if he doesn't act, it's not of significant enough value to him to do something. Sometimes it does mean forcing his hand, other times maybe it's just about letting him realize what has slipped from it - AB if he's truly interested is going to learn the later at the rate we're going.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/guerry-monero/3165354613/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.