Tuesday, August 11, 2009

T-Minus how ever many days there are until September 30th...

See I have to confess in the wake of my complaining about the ghosts of ex's past and blowing an entire study evening at AB's watching Ghostbusters (never seen it before) and eating the key lime pie he'd requested, I realized I've got ghosts too.

While I have burned Lawyer boy's stuff quite literally, and and CEF I whole hearted salted and burned those bones, in his opinion while he wasn't even a ghost yet, the rest have disappeared to whatever state - mostly picked up by others more appropriate than me for them and they're long gone. The one remaining straggler is going to be the death of me if I can't exorcise him and I finally think I'm ready, well sort of... DBWCPAMHOR - Drummer Boy Who Can Play a Mean Hand of Rook or DB, has well been a fixture in my life to varying degrees for the last 19 years and damn it I've done enough therapy, spent enough time holding him up as a litmus test. Sure he's one of my peps, he sings, and is musically multi talented, good stock, quality and has always made me go all high school girl - or whatever the precursor to that is - even at 8 he was like it, that was what I wanted. Funny thing there is a thin line between what you really want, what you think you want, and what you don't want but they're doing a good job at selling it... so September 30, V has promised to by my wing lady, and I'm going to venture into the depths of a local seedy bar to see him one last time, and either something happens (like I squeak out hi) or I lay him to rest and with a good martini burn those bones.

And if you are wondering as AR was, the plan to seduce AB with a key lime pie maybe failed or was successful, only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Ok...really?

    You had never seen Ghostbusters?!

    What about Weird Science? Please tell me you've seen that one...

    Good luck with DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, though I will have to add that to the list of movies for AB and I to tackle - AB's roommate hadn't seen the Fifth Element and Ms. J has yet to see Pretty in Pink...

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.