Monday, June 21, 2010

Sick

So months of acupuncture, vitamins and etc have helped keep me healthy for the longest streak of time in the last year.  However that streak has come to an anti-climactic end this weekend.  I'm wiped, I've had a sore throat/swollen gland issue all weekend.  Now you may say well suck it up buttercup.  And I would normally agree, HOWEVER, I have decided that I am a weakling of the greatest order when it comes to sore throats. *Flashback*

2 years ago I woke up one morning feeling a little off, I had a productive cough that had appeared overnight.  However I went to the gym, felt worse on the way to work and by the end of the day was running a fever and had no voice.  I limped home, went to bed and got up worse, but I went to work (wasn't an option not to) I had no voice and between the sweats, coughing and really really sore throat I survived, crawled home and attempted to die. The next morning I got up, stumbled the 4 blocks to the Drug Store loaded up on what I could and walked home.  My parents (bless them) called me from Mexico, they had a feeling something was wrong, I could only crying on the phone - no voice.  They sent my now boss' wife an RN who patiently let me write everything down, medicated me more, and checked up on me the next day - I was unfortunately worse.  I should have gone to the ER, but I am stubborn like that... so three weeks later I was back to normal.

Back in January I had my second visitation with that cold, and March I had the third visitation.  Let's just say the minute I get a sore throat/ear with a productive cough alarm bells go off.  So thus I am at home, sleeping and trying to get my proposal done in the fog of cold medication.

It is in times like this that I can't wait until I can "force" someone to take care of me.

3 comments:

  1. Feel Better soon! xoxo

    ~Being Samiantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonsils? Maybe it's time to get them out? In any case, I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Samiantha

    TOITB - Maybe? It's never been suggested to me, maybe because it's almost always starts with the left gland. The last time they gave me antibiotics which eventually works - right now I'm on the I will kick this mantra, I will kick this, no more perma ill S&P.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.