Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh Fuck I'm Going to Be Sick

Okay I have never in my entire school literary career been nervous about an essay.  Never, even the shittiest of them all - and trust me there were only three classes like that - one I got a D in because I should have been on medical leave and really could have cared less about and the other two I was told by the pretentious, pole up her ass TA (only two times I had female TA's - I avoided them like the plague after that) that I needed to learn how to write an essay, regardless of what I submitted.  It is in those moments where I would like to direct them to the B+/A-/A's I was getting in other classes in the same semester.  That is the horrendous part about English.  There is the base of grammar and beyond that as simple as it sounds, how we each write an essay is about as different as we all take our caffeinated or decaffeinated beverages.  I write in a less technical format.  I hate technical, I can do it, I can when I have a tight space I carefully knit, write technically, but normally I don't.  In the end those essays don't count at the moment.

So tomorrow I put my literary and future (in general) in the hands of a man I believe is a fair marker, beyond that I need to remind myself that this is not the last hurdle I will have to leap, it is just the most obviously painful one.

3 comments:

  1. You have a good head about you. And judging by our conversation tonight, you have a strong conviction about what you're writing, which is important in making your case. Be clear, succinct, and to the purpose and you'll do swimmingly. I hope you finish tonight and get some sort of sleep for tomorrow. Best of luck to you.
    P.S.
    Shiney (firefly) and Herbie (ladybug) say good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a good sleep and attack it with a clear mind. Youll do fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It's funny your comments didn't show up on my email and I thought about pulling this blog, but I guess not.

    Thanks. I'm going to clear off my desk and then devote the afternoon to cleaning it up. And then it will be what it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.