Thursday, November 05, 2009

Call Me Crazy

I am sure you have already. I accept it, I am "down with that" as the young folks say these days, no? But I found this and I have to say as someone who has had to calculate the price of nuptials, especially "budget" ones that still don't look budget or DIY anywhere along the way, this makes me smile.
Smiling is good. Smiling has been limited as of late... so life crisis not averted but talked down to normalish size again courtesy of Ms. J - I have it seems a 3 year plan before I can consider the wonderful world of higher higher education with big lovely price tags that make me want to cry more than the idea that I may never own a pair of Louboutin's - you know future honey out there in the grande wide world - could you take a hint from pop culture and propose with a pair of Louboutin's or Jimmy Choo's or even Manolo's I won't be picky - and you can skip the Legacy setting from Tiffany's... oh no I haven't planned anything I promise *toe twist, bats eyelashes* Seriously I'm at the point where I forsee those coming via my own purchases, and I have no objection to such a situation, but we aren't going down that rabbit hole today...

Or maybe we are - I am making peace with:

1. Not being married
2. Adopting @ 33 - kids are more important to me, shocking I know
3. Debt! For education sake - the kind of debt that falls outside of the "responsible" kind of debt like a car, house etc.
4. That an ultra marathon might take me two years to get to being ready for... 50miles (eek - 26.2 is causing serious fear at the moment)
5.I have grey hair but no worries folks, you won't see it when Ms. J gets through with my tresses - shaving them all off, wigs forever - that way I could look like Marilyn or a 40's starlet every day of my life... or not.

Now before I hear that there are lots of wonderful guys out there - there are I know that, don't think I believe all the good ones are gone. I think the good ones are in hiding for their own safety at the moment and are sending out the closet cases (OM), frigid (BV), and overly affectionate (BB) ones to test us single gals, if we can survive with grace and a little class, then they'll appear magically or not, and hell I get lots to laugh about when I drink with the gals...

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong like treating yourself with a pair of Sergio Rossi pumps or a delicate pair of Jimmy Choo's...after all we're meant to be happy...and if that means you get them via another means..aka a short stop over at bergdorf goodmans...I don't see the problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't either, you think your dad would consider them as a business expense....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5o miles?!! I'm looking to get back into running shape. I'll probably aim for a 10k, and maybe with some success work my way up to a 1/2...maybe. I can't even imagine 50....I mean, that is a long car ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10K's are a good place to start and stay and enjoy, but once you run 13.1 and in a week and a half I will have run 26.2 - there isn't a whole lot else to do but either master those distances or go longer - I am aiming for a combination of those two goals and making the races my excuse to travel.

    In case you are wondering there are also 100 mile races out there too - not that I plan on that option. There are also crazy races like the Badwater Ultra which is 135 miles

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.