Monday, November 30, 2009

One Reason I'm Single...

I more often than not have more fun with my girlfriends than I do on dates - take Friday for example.

1-2pm Lunch with CW at her favorite Vietnamese restaurant (I called it an early day)

3pm Met Ms. J for New Moon (squee! as she would say) - I had a gift certificate for two tickets with the works included... so while Ms. J snuck in an egg nog latte I curled up with a root beer and popcorn... and enjoyed the cat calls and the murmurs of a theatre full of women of a similar age...

6pm Window shopped - I tried on a few pairs of what Ms. Winehouse has labeled F me pumps... I will be returning for the pair that didn't have the 5 inch heel..., visited Banana so Ms. J could fondle the cashmere and I could try on a few dresses all which were unsatisfactory

8pm Booze! Thanks to the local "chain" restaurant's double and triple martini offer - I had me a double and a salad - you know to balance out all the calories... Chatted the wonders of a new job for Ms. J, travel, men and all sorts of things...

11pm Shower and snuggled into bed.

So why a day with the girls and not a boy - well I had no touchy feely drunk boys like AL to deal with, no emotional outbursts and while I like games night at AB's - I am actually beginning to resent him... figures it would happen - I'm trying not to completely sour to him but I know it's inevitable.

So to the lovely single men out there you don't need to replace Ms. J you just need to make me want to spend more time with you than with her. Not too hard is it?

3 comments:

  1. HAHA....trying to overcome a girl's friend is the wrong move, endear them. It's good to have some space, it brings some clarity, and hopefully makes the chance encounter with the next person that much more intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one will replace or change the interaction Ms. J and I have or any of my other girlfriends, but the issue is when I would prefer to shop (which surpringly is not a treasured pasttime of mine), or do anything with them like sitting at home and watching reruns of Bones, it had me thinking about just how lame my most of my dates were this year... no insult to my GF's - I know they feel the same way

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that i prefer being with my girls over my boy sometimes...he just doesnt seem to appreciate the giggles as much as you did

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.