Monday, November 09, 2009

Parental Units...

I have one parental unit involved in my life, surprisingly the one who hadn't been for the vast majority of my life. In many moments over the last year he's had to jump some pretty big parental unit hurdles, and grow in ways that most girls start teaching their PU to rise to earlier on in life. My blessed PU is a little slow to the game still... then again I don't really blame him. I keep the "men" in my life as far away from my family as humanly possible. I once joked with CEF that I had no intention of ever introducing a man to my family until I was engaged - that happened with CEF - I don't think that will ever happen again - bad joojoo, as Ms.J says, went down...
So on that note, PU asked about AB. Does he go to church? Is he one of your people (I understand that sounds weird - the sentence was phrase quite differently but for the sake of eliminating Interweb identification - that gets altered) The answers were no and no, and followed by a question of Has he ever? I loved that one - ie. Is there hope? Ummm... well yes and no - it's funny the conversation ended there - in the back of my mind I was thinking that this is why adults need to stay out of the PU home... my mistakes would not have happened if I was at home... we could say that is a good thing, but I wonder if it is... because it seems now that I do more damage during normal hours - I joined the AB and Roommate crowd on Friday for wings, beer and Hockey - thanks BI (I feel like I've time warped back in time sitting with the guys)... AB left for a stop over at a party and I stayed with a very sloshed AL, AB sister and boyfriend, AB's BF and assorted AB roommate crew... the AB related friend base and I headed to their place for Settler's and more beer (which I have to say is vile and non-ladylike, and I managed only to consume half of the requisite board game admission amount)...I felt awkward, AL, AB's sister, BF and basically everyone at the table knows enough to know something happened, didn't happen, might happen and while I like them all, I feel odd maintaining the contact... Oy... someone smack some sense into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.