Friday, November 20, 2009

Sticky Hips and Crummy Sleep

I have sticky hips. Sexy. Quite simply the major muscle that is suppose to slip over the greater trochanter doesn't always like to or does too readily - however it feels. Right now after hours of sitting on my precious derriere and being unable to pack a yoga mat, I can hardly walk, let alone run a marathon. So here I am trying to figure out how the pro's do it. Maybe they don't have sticky hips (note though I have flexible hamstrings and tight calves), maybe jet lag doesn't bother them, maybe a lot of things. Like I had to resort to my diminishing Ativan stash from Ms. J to get me past the sound of snoring in the next room, the itchy cotton sheets, get past all those things that seem to irritate the hell out of you when you can't quite sleep. But here is to a new day - race package pick up and all other sorts of run fun...

Did I mention I'm terrified?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.