Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nuclear Fall Out


A few little words do have a devastating effect.  Sure the conversation was between RB and I but if we're being honest, it was really a conversation/declaration to RB's best friend and his best friend's wife and KAB and AE (Artist Extraordinaire).  So all of a sudden in a student body of maybe 75 on campus at one time, even less in the summer, there is a slow ripple effect of people who are either avoiding each other or witnessing the fall out like AE at lunch today.

Really I'm sure AE isn't the only one, not that I think people watch people as much as I do, but seriously we went from talking pretty regularly, sharing tables at lunch and so on, to sitting at polar opposite ends of chapel, taking different staircases (we only have two so there is limited running room) and for what?  When I ran into RB's bf's wife today in the bathroom she froze.  It's like she didn't know what to do, our friendship had hit the skids along with mine with RB.  It's not suppose to be like that.  Sure I want space but I didn't think we were staging the next Cold War in all it's glory, what happened to a little detente?  We cannot keep running from each other - him out of fear of something and me out of a desire not to have a conversation about it. So I'm going to finish my Hebrew, have a good drink of something strong and Gin in nature and text him and we'll see if we can iron this mess out.  If that fails I might just be singing this later...

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is sooo stupid!
    Good riddiance. You don't people like that in your life. If they like you, they should still be your friends regardless. It's not like you boiled his bunny, you only told him you liked him... although, this reaction you're at the receiving end of, makes me wonder how he told the story...???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will see how he did tell the story in a little while - I messaged his best friend to try and smooth things out - who knows maybe I got a ridiculously polite version of a freak out on his part. I sincerely have no idea but I do know it's like our little corner of the world has no idea how to deal with this situation. And as I've said earlier and was thinking about last night in the declining glow of the gin I had, I lost nothing, if anything I proved to myself that I can do it and keep doing it. Like, love and all the good stuff isn't something we should fear.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.