Sunday, July 08, 2012

Is Younger Okay?

I feel like the universe is getting its jollies this weekend in my name.  First I actually admitted to liking RB, like in public, to people who know RB.  I have fought this whole thing subconsciously for too long and now well it's real.  As real as it's going to be, for whatever that counts. Further yet as I was getting a ride to the train from family dinner night, HB (Hockey Brother - unofficially adopted younger brother who lives with my PU) started going on about how he has decided he wants to date older women.  So we had a brief conversation why dating younger is hard at this age, primarily because I don't need some false moment of feeling young by dating a man who is young enough to be my son, that isn't even legally possible at my age, but you know what I mean.  Regardless it was a weird moment of having a conversation with a man RB's exact age and hearing him say he would date older.  Not necessarily a thumbs up from the universe but it is what it is.  Beyond that I don't think there is anything I can do about RB.  The usual things don't apply.  I tried food items, I've tried the let's spend time together in an unofficial capacity.  Short of blatant and thus not so smooth flirting all I have left is wait or full on take initiative.


Wait it is.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I've mentioned this to you several times! Younger is okay, as long as they have ther shit together. No man-children. but younger is okay!

    My boyfriends past ages:
    Douche - 6 yrs younger
    JW - 2 years younger
    Ty- 10 years younger
    SK - 3 years younger
    Farmboy - 6 years younger.
    It's allllll good. But only cos they are mature and have done well for themselves. They are not man-children.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.