Monday, July 02, 2012

For a later date

I am posting this primarily because my new faith/school and whatever else blog has yet to be set up by Ms. J and I don't really have time to deal with that process either.

But I think I've figured out why there are so many single women in my school.  The single ones are normally good or awesome friends with all their married and single friends respectively.  Being close friends is one way to start a relationship - that's how AB and X started, but both of those relationships individually tipped over the friend edge - AB when he was sick - we held hands on the couch - his sweaty sick hand and well it was downhill I guess from there.  And X well it happened BBM'ing Christmas Eve '10, we had the you spend a lot of time talking to me talk - the one where we agreed we both liked spending that amount of time talking.  But now?  Now there really isn't the incentive to ask the big, "do you want to ___" question and there is just too much time sitting firmly on the edge of friendship/dating.  The other challenge, is as RB (Runner Boy is going to have to be his name) said, possibly coyly on Thursday as we road the bus, some men like a strong willed woman.  Yes some do?  Someone like you is what I should have asked but given that we were talking about his grandfather on the verge of dying and all sorts of other topics, being so hey I think you're cute (but you're young and I feel creeped out dating younger), want to try the whole date thing out? *Facepalm* That's where I am at.  One big *facepalm* or *head desk* that relates to school too but mostly this situation.

I have been letting things be because as Kelly Clarkson says, just because I'm alone, doesn't mean I'm lonely and that is true, and I also want things to happen naturally and quite frankly I suck at flirting when I second guess myself - and I am second guessing myself with him because I don't think I'm what he wants and yet on paper he's good, and yes he's cute, just not sure if we have more than friends chemistry.  Good lord.  Well now that all that nonsense is out of my brain on to the Hebrew.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.