Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Revelation

In all the kerfuffle that has been this week's events I think I lost sight of the fact that well, I'm different.  Granted not a surprise to those who know me. However for RB and his even younger best friend, I think there is a difference in interpretation of what I actually did in telling RB I liked him.

Lost you?  Well I might lose you further but let me try and explain what my lovely roommate pointed out to me this morning. Her point being I am not a young woman, I am quite frankly very different than the women RB or his best friend would have regular contact with (RB is 26 and his bf 23). They're used to emotionally overwrought young women, and Christian (Evangelical) circles, young women are frankly, crazy.  They are crazy for a million stupid social reasons that Christian thought causes but one of the chief hallmarks is the obsessive. One kind of liking that happens is where they find a man they think fits "their list" and then fill in the rest with their own fantasies.   The young men can do this too and so it makes for a hell of a lot of angst going down.  So as my roommate pointed out what I did was beyond their comprehension.  I declared attraction and in doing so, one asserted myself, and two by doing so in their minds professed a life altering desire to be in a relationship with RB when really I just thought things were getting stupid and I wanted to see if a date would work to clear things on whether we had anything.  A date, not destiny fulfilled is what I was asking for, and it is this disconnect that may have caused all the craziness. 

They think I should be coming unhinged and don't know why I wouldn't be.  Well I'm not, in case anyone is wondering, definitely not. That and apparently I can look really evil when I'm doing my "poker face" (per HSBFF) which probably didn't help this week to deflate the situation.  He thought I was probably out to actually boil his bunny and maybe take out his knee caps too while I was at it.  Fear not all bunnies are safe. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh no the knee caps might still be very vulnerable. I texted him last night to see if we could talk today - while we're both outside of school and since for the moment we live about 5 minutes away from each other. He declined even when I indicated I was unsure if I would have to work tomorrow. So he wants the awkwardness to end but he doesn't want to address it. I wasn't annoyed before but this is getting stupid. I want to believe there isn't some stupidity going on behind the scenes, likely with him getting some cracked out advice from his young friends but I fear for him. I keep reminding myself I need to be gentle and motherly to him at this time as he's only a child. But well if I was his mother I would smack him at this moment for the stupidity he's doing so I guess that doesn't work

      Delete
  2. Don't ask him again. He asked you first and you hid. Then you tracked him down, now he's hiding. Screw it.

    Don't bother with them at all. Don't worry yourself with what advice he may or maynot be receiving. That is not your problem. You've done your part, and he acted like a child. Move on. Don't try to make it better, you'll just start to look crazy in their eyes.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you were with me today - he left early, said he feels overwhelmed. I know he's going to do the same thing tomorrow and it just goes on. On a positive note one of my Hebrew classmates has a better potential she is going to try and set me up with for when this school chaos is over with.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.