Monday, November 22, 2010

Ever Feel Like...

The bed is empty?

I'm not sure why I have been feeling this way for the last little while - but I have.  I could chalk it up to the whole it being a year since there was anyone else sharing the space next to me.  But to be honest I don't have that kind of nostalgia for AB.  I realized that this week when I thought back to last year at this time.  When everyone else was offering me encouragement as I ventured out on my first marathon - AB's response was he wasn't a "supportive kind of person."  While yes I rolled my eyes at the time, it has made me realize that there are those people who will show up in your life and keep cheering you on regardless, and there will be those people who only ever expect that you'll do that for them - he's that kind of person.

I know the feeling will go away - and regardless of whether it does or not I know it has to until I get married.  I learned with AB - and being honest with myself - I am too damn emotionally complicated for it to be any other way.  It isn't a popular decision and it seems uncommon in this time but it is the decision that I know, regardless of how I feel, I have to make.  That being said, I've found it hard to sleep during this time - maybe it's just the acknowledging of the need for human contact.  I (we single people) can put that need on the backburner but there are plenty of times where if I am honest I just want to be held - curl up on the couch with someone - not necessarily sexual - just another warm body that you respect and likewise back - obviously.  Anyways... this is just me trying find some space in my brain for sleep.  So while I go and dream of a warm someone else in the cold bed I'm borrowing for the week - I hope you all have sweet dreams.

PS The title of the picture reminded me of this song

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allyjadetakesphotos/4588607561/sizes/m/in/photostream/

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get some rest and know that the warmth will happen before you know it! Sounded like you definitely didn't need the un-supportive man holding you back! Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be the time of year or maybe just something in the air! I've been feeling the same way lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drea K - Welcome!!! Glad to know it is going around because that means I'm not crazy but at the same time, lonely bed feelings are not coll.

    SSW - Thanks

    TOITB I believe we've discussed our mutual sentiments on this before

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's possible I've been binge listening to that song for the last hour. Kind of cumbersome, because I have to stop what I'm doing every four minutes to hit 'replay.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the song, I found it through So You Think You Can Dance - the dance is beautiful. Yes it is totally okay to binge on a song.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.