Sunday, November 28, 2010

Marriage

BI is engaged.  The boy who said he would never get married found someone he wanted to get hitched to.  I could be sad - that was one of the reasons we never dated - but really it was only one of the small reasons it didn't work out for us.  In the end I am actually thrilled for them and their family.

Why?

Because it reminds me that men when they find that person are happy to commit.  When they aren't just bidding their time or using you to fill a void.  CW has this problem with her man who keeps saying he'll do it when the time is right for him.  See the thing is - it seems like the time is never right and honestly it might never be.  She might wait and wait and wait and he'll never be ready - because he's a man-child like AB or because she's not the one to make him realize that life without her is not a life fully lived.

In the sea of commitment phobes and man-children BI's action reminds me there will be someone who's willing to take risks to make sure I'm his.  I just have to develop some patience.

4 comments:

  1. I love Grey's! I wish Lexie would grow up and see what she is missing! Yes there is the one somewhere and one day you will find him, be happy Bl didn't settle and ruin your life, just make sure you don't ever settle. Women to tend to liger longer to fill time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for them - he and I wouldn't have worked but I am glad he found someone to break his I don't want to get married opinions.

    Yes I think we tend to linger - they might use us to get their needs met but we keep waiting hoping for that next step of commitment - it's a whole other level of mess - cut it clean and deep so you can move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, thanks for the congratz :)

    One thing though, just for the record, I don't ever remember saying that I didn't want to get married. I think what I said (or at least what I meant to say) was that I didn't 'need' to get married, and that marriage (or the lack there-of) doesn't always have to be the end goal of a relationship. I would rather have many relationships outside of marriage so that I can be sure that when/if I do get married I am making the right decision, than go into each relationship working towards marriage and end up with a portfolio of divorces in my back pocket by the time I am 40.

    Oh, and I resent the comment about me ruining her life :P That's just cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off you wouldn't have ruined my life - you know that you were a huge reason I was able to weather some pretty rocky times in my life - I will always consider you one of my most prized/valued friends regardless of our distance.

    I was going to save the congratulations for when you guys come into the office but anyways - CONGRATULATIONS again. She seems like all the good things you deserve in this life - and I'm glad.

    As to the whole marrying thing - you were young and yes the conversation may not have been a hard never but whatever - the point to the whole post was - it seems in my observation when a man finds a woman he truly loves/can see himself growing old with he doesn't normally dilly dally, he in the wise words of Ms. B, puts a ring on it/or some other public form of commitment.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.