Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chemistry

Chemistry is a funny thing - you think you have it and you don't or you don't expect it and it shows up in the weirdest places.

Chemistry used to baffle me - not the science - that I was completely down with.  When I look back at the men in my life I find that interpersonal chemistry is nothing like the science.  You cannot combine two elements which you know should react and think you'll get a reaction - Sodium and Water do not a reaction make when it is people we are talking about and inert gases are apparently no longer stable.

I remember this clearly after my date with MW - he said quite plainly - he didn't feel a spark.  If I had been honest nor did I.  But the suggestion that a spark was more important than getting to know me hurt.  I've come to realize that is not what he meant at all.

I had no chemistry with CEF - one more freaking thing that was wrong, so very wrong with that relationship.  But moving on.  I had sexual chemistry with BI to the likes I don't know if there will be again - but we were not by any means meant to be.  I didn't have chemistry with OM, BV or a whole lot of the others until AB.  That threw me for a loop. I remember standing at Miss 60's party and wanting to pinch myself - wondering what was going on - there was something about him - something I hadn't known in my life.  Oddly I had that this past week and it reminded me that as much as I have had my stuck moments with AB - that there are others out there that will make me feel like it just fits, like it is someone who I could talk with for hours etc.  Which is why I just keep plodding on, chemistry can happen in surprising places, maybe it is like inorganic chemistry - you just have to keep mixing until you discover something new and beautiful - like a cobalt compound (cobalt chromium blue).

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring...There has to be chemistry for anything to work, but sometimes chemistry is explosive! Not all chemistry is good chemistry.....Happy Turkey day! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree - and yes it can be explosive - a tornado and a huricane if I can quote a recent song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't think of anything profound to say, but I can always count on Brando to say (or sing) the right words for me. Enjoy =)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A1HWEub0hg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww okay I so I loved that clip. You're always expanding my repertoire. I really like it because I see both sides - yes you should want all the things she wants (if that's what you want) and yet there should be chemistry - both are needed. From what I see she's to damn set in what she thinks will be right that she's missing that all the things she wants and that it factor/chemistry is right in front of her. Oh love how you are such a messy and complex thing and yet like Brando sings, some moment it will be quite simple

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.