Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drinking Again...

So last weekend I had margaritas with Ms. J and friends.  This weekend is a "Black Tie" martini night at AL's place and the following weekend is the 2nd anniversary of my didn't happen wedding celebration.  So here is my dilemma.  What do I wear?  Regardless I have to go shopping for something -  I have a black dress and satin bow stilettos - it's well loved - I have to buy a new support garment for it.  The purple dress below is more summer than I think this party is - I also need to purchase shoes and a purse for it.  Or I can scrap that all and see if i can find another option...

I am inclined to just go with the black dress - as the purple one - which I purchased in NYC I am inclined to wear for my birthday when I've had a chance to get a little color.

Suggestions? Questions? Comments?

6 comments:

  1. I like the black one. I don't know your skin tone for the purple, but black is always fun to play up w. some colorful accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was leaning towards the black - I love the shoes I have to wear with it - the only concern is while it's black tie a part of me wants to, well pop. We'll see... cheap is probably the best route in the end since well I would rather spend a few hundred on new work clothes than a new outfit head to toe. Though I would love to find a pair of orange stillettos to go with my pink/purple clutch.

    PS Skin tone/look is very Dita - dark hair, skin of a red head - ie. paler than the living dead... I was considering red lipstick but the whole head to toe black with red lipstick is too Christmas party for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think go w. orange shoes OR le chateau has some amazing like barbie doll pink close toed heels in that I keep eyeing up. Sadly, since international and I are so close to the same height I am now bound to flats and nothing more.

    To your PS: JEALOUS. I have the skin of a red head, auburn hair and brown eyes. WTF is that about?!I say since its spring time hit up MAC for a fun eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually pale skin of a red hair, dark almost black hair and green eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wish I had blue or green eyes so I wouldnt have to constantly convince people that I AM a natural red head/auburn

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.