Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blood Boiling Mad

So the post secondary school I attend decided many moons ago to switch from a newspaper/telephone system to an all computer based system. I've always had my struggles with it - but when I was a regular student I knew that the only way to guarantee anything worked was the check weekly if not daily to make sure everything was still in place. Well dear readers I forgot this beloved piece of neurosis and now I am no longer enrolled in my English course and said English course is full - with no waitlist. No English class means I am down a possible reference - I need three this fall - which is tough because I need to be taking Poli Sci courses not English classes. Basically Internet registration just added a year of undergraduate work to my life because everything gets shifted down the line. I am trying not to cry but I feel like WTF dear world - I want to graduate and get on with things and it seems like that is not happening on any level - how did English graduate school become more work than getting into medical school?

4 comments:

  1. Aw my Dear I can understand your frustration. I'm not gona feed you words of positivity cause that always blows when you are in a bad mood but know I agree that it sucks and its retarded and they should try to do something, anything to fix it. *hug.

    PS I changed the sign out name from anxsob to B seeing as friends are slowly finding the blog anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a breather and I have a martini in hand and I am going to contact the professor and if I get in, I get in, if I don't well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I'd suggest punching a wall, but I don't think that would help things (because you'd be in pain and your problem would still be there).
    Yea, good luck talking to the Prof. Hopefully he'll be kind enough to squeeze you in. Bring credentials so that he knows you're not wasting his time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestion toitb, though I have been raised a pacifist too long - agressive outbursts are not a solution I reach for - though a pillow to clutch would have been nice. I am emailing the prof today, and well will just see - I know that if this is going to happen that as much as there is an element of my actions there is more so God's will/provision - I do what I can do and we see.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always desired... so speak up.